Friday, December 18, 2009

Give me Five for Alex!

Today is Alex's birthday. How crazy to think it was merely five years ago when we first met. I would have never dreamed on that day what we were to face ahead. When we sign up for marriage and kids, or to simplify it just life, I am pretty sure we all hope for a smooth ride. Of course we expect a few bumps here and there, but for the most part a nice flat road!! At least that is how I perceived things when I was young. While dealing with a chronically ill child, life made me realize that even in the darkest, most dreaded circumstance ("road"), life still can have so much goodness and happiness to offer, and I only learned that through my little Alex. Seeing the light in his eyes every morning, whether in the hospital or not, whether shoving ten medicines a day down his throat, he still had this magic about him, this spirit that always touched me and made me believe that I could get through this. His strength puts all of ours together look pretty inferior. I have not yet found a person who can match the level of strength and purity he had and I am so blessed to have ever had that so close to me.
I am so grateful the road that I was led to drive on was bumpy and hilly, and rocky and narrow and best of all well lit! My life would not be as full today if I did not have Alex at my side. And I am so thankful that Jackson and Lexi have the most loving, kind, sweet, strong, and pure older brother. I hope that he may be the rock they will need to get through life, just as he is mine.
We love you Alex....here's to FIVE years of loving you!!

No comments: